Under the motor insurance policy, the Company indemnifies the insured as under;
The Company undertakes to indemnify the insured for loss of or damage to the insured vehicle, its accessories and spare parts whilst thereon;
- By accident or accidental collision or overturning consequent upon mechanical breakdown or consequent upon wear and tear.
- By fire, external explosion, self ignition, lightning or thunderbolt.
- By burglary or theft.
- By malicious act of any third party.
- Whilst being in transit (including the process of loading and unloading incidental to such transit) by road, rail, inland waterway, lift or elevator, relating to the said transportation.
- Against Third Party Liability.
The company shall compensate the insured in the event of an accident caused by or arising out of the use of the motor vehicle, subject to the limits specified in this policy, against all sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay as compensation for:
- Death or bodily injury to any person including the passengers in the vehicles except the insured or the driver at the time of the accident and their families spouse, parents and children and the employees of the insured if they are injured during the working hours or as a result of their work.
- Damages for materials and property, except those owned by the insured or the driver at the time of the accident or property held in trust or in their custody or control.